Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Golden Globes 2011



My delay in posting this article is only due to my severe laziness and lack of concentration at my mom's place whom I am visiting for three weeks here in California. Why laziness and no concentration? Well, that is because as a new mom I have been sleep deprived for the past three months and now I am catching up on my sleep while my siblings and beautiful mom work on the wishes and commands of my precious baby, Mehreen. 


Watching TV with my siblings is definitely a different experience than watching it by myself or the hubby at home in Texas. I love how the four of us can be so spontaneous and opinionated without acting 'mannered'. My sister and I are three years apart. My brother and I are eight years apart and then my youngest brother and I are sixteen years apart. (!) Yes, we have a blend of different age groups, different lives; yet we still come together at the kitchen table or in front of the TV to mock, tease and laugh at each other. And in that moment of togetherness, there are no 'ages' no differences; just us.


The Golden Globes this past Sunday was such an event. We sat and watched. We talked and shared. We laughed (at Ricky Gervais) and admired (beauties + fashion!). 
Below are pictures of famous stars wearing exquisite dresses that have caught my eye, and I'm sure yours as well:



Catherina Zeta-Jones looks absolutely splendid in Monique Lhuillier ball gown. The emerald green color looks very elegant on her and I would rate her dress the number 1 dress of the Golden Globes. Isn't she gorgeous?





Anne Hathaway wearing a backless Armani Prive gown. I love the metallic color on her skin tone. She kinda looks like a mermaid here. (below):



Olivia Wilde looked stunning and perfect wearing a sequined Marchesa gown. The rusty color and the sequinces with the 'poof' gown-shape made her look very dreamy. Also, gotta love the hair. Good thing she didn't overwhelm her look with jewelry. (below):



Angelina Jolie in Swarovski-encrusted Atelier Versace gown. One word: Breathtaking. (below):



Pregnant and glowing Natalie Portman in Viktor & Rolf gown. She looked adorable.
(below):



Lea Michele wore a ruffled Oscar de la Renta gown. I am very much liking this sweet pink color and the hairstyle on her. (below):



Mila Kunis looked like a million dollar in this Vera Wang gown especially designed for her. She looked very pretty and did not overdo it. (below):



Leighton Meester wore a beige Burberry Prorsum dress with Jimmy Choo platforms.
I love how she is wearing it lightly as if she can fly away anytime. ;)



Megan Fox wore a pink Armani Prive bandage frock, which featured a sexy thigh-high slit. Only if she wasn't this skinny. (below):



Helen Mirren wore a classy gown with a Cartier necklace worth 1.6 million dollars. Whoa. She always dresses beautifully and very age appropriate. (below):








xoxo,
Madiha~








0 comments:

Post a Comment