Monday, January 31, 2011

The Modest Girl



Many of my friends including myself, have a hard time shopping for clothes that are modest yet stylish. There isn't much out there for girls who like to dress conservative but still be fashionable. Below are pictures of models and some pictures of my sister and I for you to view. Y'all out there will get an idea that a 'covered' girl can still look incredibly beautiful while being modest. :)


Tips:


Tunics/Dresses: A good and simple way to dress modest is to wear a long tunic or use a dress as a tunic for your top. Nowadays long tunics are "in" fashion and they aren't that hard to find.


Leggings/Jeggings: A great way to cover your legs. Simply wear it under a long tunic or dress and your look is complete. To add more playfullness in your style, try different colors in leggings!


Skirts/Maxi dresses: I find skirts to be so  feminine and elegant. You can wear a nice long skirt with a simple top and even then you would look great. During summer, maxi dresses look so beautiful with their floral prints and light fabric. Just top it off with a cute light cardigan and your look is "modest-fied"


Knee High Boots:  Every girl should own a fabulous pair of boots, it's the best way to cover half of your legs ! :) Wear a dress with leggings and add a nice pair of boots and voila!...instantly you look amazingly fashionable yet modest.


Layering:  Layering is very important and can actually help you add variation to your closet. You can pair a beautiful sleeveless top with a knit cardigan. Or wear a nice light jacket over a sweater. This way you can buy separates and combine them with different garments.


Scarves/Accesories: Necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, scarves and hats all add a extra touch to the whole ensemble. It's very important to just add enough and not overdo it.


The modest runway look. Very NY style, don't you think?























Boots you SHOULD have:

A cute Maxi Dress for the Summer. You can wear a sweet, frilly cardigan to cover your arms:


Love the colors and the hat:

Not exactly my style, but I like the daring look with all the graphics going on (below):

 Going vintage on the Runway while covered:

I like this tunic. Can be worn with a [white] tank top underneath:

Queen Rania at her 'modest'. Beautifully covered:

I am loving the color and the overall style of this tunic:

Chic, yet modest:

I can wear this:

 My sister Naila and her style:

Here she is again. Gotta love the long emerald green shirt with the necklace and bohemian sandals:

My sister on her Carribean Cruise ready to have dinner in her covered, yet very elegant outfit:

 That's me, you decide:

I present to you: the Fashion Sheikhsters!


Being modest while having a good fashion sense, is definitely possible. It all depends on how you put the pieces together. There isn't much to sacrifice except showing skin, but to be honest, I'd rather embellish myself with beautiful fabrics than to become the victim of prying and lustful eyes, you see. Therefore the word "modesty". :)
At the end, beauty DOES lie in the eye of the Beholder. What do you think?





xoxo,
~Madiha

0 comments:

Post a Comment