Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snuggly Sweaters



As the temperature has dropped considerably, I dig out all my sweaters, shawls and cardigans to wear at home - even though, the heating is on, I feel more protected and cozier by throwing on a thick sweater or embracing myself with pashmina shawls from Pakistan.
I refuse to buy a snuggie for myself; the ones that have become a huge trend amongst elderly and youngsters. It's basically a blanket with sleeves cut out. Just wait until I am old, frail and bones sticking out...by then I'll be happy to wear one. As for now, I'd like to look my part; a bit fashionable you see, celebrating this young age with beautiful fabrics draped off of me instead of looking like a packaged product.


I LOVE cardigans. I seriously love, love, love them!!! I find them versatile, cute and very practical. I am like an old soul trapped in a young body [hmmm am I? You decide, lol] - I can see myself knitting sweaters/cardigans for my children's offspring - sitting quietly, going about my business, buying yarn, making trips to Joanne's (thrift store) to quench my thirst for cozy sweaters. I can see myself making them. I will. Mark my words. And no, I will not have a cat purring to me and/or playing with my newly bought yarn. I refuse to have a cat in the house. Why? Personal reasons.


Going back to the topic of coziness, I personally love Banana Republic sweaters. They are on the pricey side, but when there is a good sale, you'll see me grabbing a bunch of sweaters first.



Banana Republic. Told ya, great quality!

A very different Fall color to wear. It's a nice brown hue. Compliments all skin tones:

 A cozy sweater from Free Spirit:


A Woven Flounce Cardigan from The Limited Collection. Can you tell? I like horizontal stripes on sweaters. I very much like the ruffled detail on the seam! 


 I like the apparel and the silky bow-like feature on this short sleeve sweater from The Limited:

I love the way the sweater is worn in this picture. Gotta love those slouchy army green pants with the boots.

Inc International Concepts Long Sleeve Striped Lace Trim on the left:


Burberry London Chiffon Trim Cardigan on the right:


Burberry Brit Check Cuff Sweater in rose pink on the left:
Z Spoke by Zac Posen - Lurex Knit Cardigan (right image)

Diane von Furstenberg - Nibo Bis Chunky Sweater on the left.
Simply Vera - Vera Wang: Flyaway Wool Cardigan in the middle.
Simply Vera - Vera Wang: Sequin Cardigan on the right.




Stay warm, fuzzy and cozy! Sweaters like these are worth the 'stay in' at home. 
Have a hot cup of cocoa while curling up on the couch and I assure you, you will not miss going out in this cold, cold weather. Brrrrrr.  :)







xoxo,
~Madiha

0 comments:

Post a Comment