Saturday, February 5, 2011

Celebrity Moms



As much as I'd hate to admit, Hollywood does have a certain influence on us. We thrive on entertainment and you will agree with me on this; we also like to see beautiful people. It's how it is and how it's always been. Celebrities are proud people. Proud about their looks, their achievements and proud to be in the spotlight of international fame. A couple of decades ago, actresses weren't considered 'desirable' when married or with children, but now the tables have turned. Actresses with children, whether adopted from the far lands of Africa, now have the power to 'make' their image. We've finally paved ways and entered a time of more tolerance & acceptance. Motherly and wifely duties have become a norm in Hollywood whilst remaining the Superstar actress on the red carpet. Is it true? Can we do it all? While typing with one hand and one finger, holding my baby on my left arm, I snicker at my own question. Perhaps I was asking myself...


Maybe we can do it all!  Of course with the right support and love, a woman can blossom into a garden of flowers; I'm always fascinated at the innumerable roles we adapt just to make others' lives run easier. Is it to our expense or do we push ourselves to reach our potential?
I'm starting to believe that we as woman are capable of sooo much! The kind of strength God has given us is incredible. Even more so, when we look our best. As a new mom of a 3 month old, it's still work in progress. I carry my hair in a bun at home and wear my pj's [which I'll have to buy more of, by the way]. To make my homely appearance more interesting and not so dull, I often opt to wear cute, graphic tees to look and FEEL young. However, I do make an extra effort to look good when I step out of the house. By saying this - next time you see me, I hope you won't stare at me to examine my cleanliness and fashionable skills, ha ha!


We're quick to say how easy it is for celebrity moms to look fantastic with all the money and luxuries they're surrounded with. I've now come to the understanding that it's even harder for them to maintain their figure and sex appeal as that is their livelihood. Who cares if I'm Ugly Betty at home? My husband might miss my bodily curves that I used to flaunt and now I hide under large sweaters and tees, but he's a sweetheart to find me attractive...still. Maybe because I wear his shirts! ;) Hollywood isn't so forgiving and demands a perfect body regardless of just giving birth. Let's look at those Celebrity Moms who've kept themselves sexy & beautiful:


Hollywood:
Jessica Alba

Halle Berry

Angelina Jolie

Kate Hudson


Jennifer Garner

Kourtney Kardashian

Gisele Bundchen

Jennifer Lopez



Katie Holmes


Bollywood:


Malaika Arora Khan looking fab with her 4 yr old son Arhaan


Sushmita Sem beaming as a mom:

Madhuri Dixit as beautiful as ever:

 Juhi Chawla radiating sweetness as a mom:


Twinkle Khanna looks amazing and always very stylish as a mom:

Sri Devi looking gorgeous as a mom:


Hey! Hold on. Who snuck this one in there?!

;)

                                                               



xoxo,
~Naila



0 comments:

Post a Comment