Monday, February 14, 2011

Designer Bags 2011





I am extremely excited in sharing the latest bag trends of 2011 fresh from the runway to the conveniences of your computer screens. Firstly, I must confess; I love bags. Some women have a weakness of buying shoes, but I find that my bags/purses really define my entire outfit.  When they come in the right color, size and design and they appeal to me in their entirety & originality [yes, I'm very picky] - I feel urged to have one. Maybe not in the very moment when I lay my eyes on the beautiful creation, but maybe later when the time, occasion and my wallet suits my insatiable hunger for a fashionable bag or two.

Let's tour the runways of New York Fashion Week and see what's in store for Spring & Fall 2011:
(click on images to enlarge.)

Jason Wu Fall 2011:

Jason Wu's fall handbag collection remained practical and functional. He incorporated classic shapes  in a new color palette. He also made a comeback on a new edition of his econic doctor bag with a warm color and clutch shaped form [2nd pic]:





Marc by Marc Jacobs: Natasha leather bag

$350
Marc by Marc Jacobs' classic leather Natasha bag is reworked for the new season with a vibrant sage shade.

Gucci: Leather and canvas bird keyfob

$145
Love the detail of this key chain that can be hung on the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. The sage color is very cool for Spring season:


MIU MIU: Matelassé leather bag (in nude)

$1,695
Upon closer look, you will notice how the bag and the nude color are perfectly made in harmony. The golden buckle and the braided handle, gives the bag the much needed 'oomph' to be simple, yet alluring:

JIMMY CHOO: Zeta glitter-finish metallic clutch

$495
Metallic clutch by Jimmy Choo. It's perfect. Just perfect:


Michael Kors Spring 2011
Classic Kors, ranging from small-scale and ladylike to large and beach-appropriate:


Harper tasseled suede clutch

$450
Diane von Furstenberg's tasseled rose suede clutch oozes femininity & warmth. Also, tassels are a BIG trend on bags and apparel this Spring 2011:


VALENTINO
Bow-embellished Leather Frame Bag
$1,995
A structural bow embellishment adds a feminine touch to Valentino's off-white leather frame bag.


 VERSACE

Leather Shoulder Bag
$1,395

With a chunky chain-link strap and designer-stamped goldhardware, Versace's lilac leather shoulder bag is a bold feminine style. 


CHLOE
Heloise Leather Hobo Bag
$1,595
This camel brown leather bag adds great comfort & 'freedom' to your look. I call it the Egyptian Bag. Long live Egypt!




CHLOE
Marcie Small Leather Bag 
$1,790
Braided trims and twisted handles give Chloé's light-brown leather bag an artisanal edge. 

Fendi: 
For spring, Fendi’s runway accessories are all about incorporating color in a classic way. Various colors were visible on leathers of different textures. There's sunshine upon Fendi this Spring:

MIU MIU

Matelassé linen bag

$1395
Miu Miu updates its classic matelassé carryall for summer in light-weight taupe linen:

Prada Resort 2011 Handbags: 



Feast your eyes on Prada Lino Twist Frame Shoulder Bag
$1895


Sale at Macy's!!! If you know me, then you also know how crazy I am about cross-body bags! They're practical, cute & light and one can have a wardrobe full of them, especially for Spring season. With the sale going on, I must resist my urges by just 'looking'. Oh God, so much torture!
See for yourself...indulge:




-The bag on the left is a regular handbag, but I am really liking the fine, embossed lizard texture that gives the bag so much class. Love BCBGeneration!
-The crossbody bag on the right is Kenneth Cole. The effect of fabric petals over your body in the form of a purse, looks very elegant yet playful:




With these bags as part of your outfits, you will look quite the model for Spring. Go ahead, throw a little color and celebrate the upcoming blooming season with a care-free attitude. Flutter like a butterfly!




xoxo,
Naila~

1 comments:

Marloes said...

OMG all this gorgeous bags!!! It's killing me! I just love them all :)

Post a Comment