Monday, June 13, 2011

Beauty Inside and Out



When it comes to looking beautiful, we often ignore to see skin deep, because the surface of 'beauty' deceives us into thinking that beauty is what we see. However, beauty is NOT only what we perceive in literal formation, it is what we consume. Therefore, beautiful people -- and I mean beautiful people from head to toe, not only characteristic wise - take measures to stay young, fit and glowy...


In this post, I will break BEAUTY down to 4 categories: 


- Skin care
- Food
- Oral Health
- Exercise




SKIN CARE


One needs to prioritize when it comes to taking good care of skin. Drink plenty of water, sleep well and do not damage your skin by exposing it to too much in the sun. I love quality skincare products and I like to try different kinds. Perhaps, because as a teenager I have suffered from acne and it took away my self-confidence. Now that I am much more comfortable in my skin and my face has cleared up, I feel happy and confident. However, I do take my skin as a priority and try to pamper it whenever I can.

First off, a good cleanser that washes away all the built up dirt from your pores, is highly necessary. I personally like Aveeno's Brightening Daily Scrub which comes with a scrub like texture when you rub it in the palm of your hand and feels very refreshing on the face.
Always make sure to wash your face in circular motion and upwards. By doing this, you give your face a mini massage every single day.


I've been a regular user of this daily scrub since many many years now and I've only got great things to say about it. Try it for yourself. Aveeno products are very effective in my book. Also, for a night time cleanser, I use a more milk based cleanser that I purchased awhile back from the people in the mall who sell mineral make-up [similar product can be purchased in any drug store]. This milky based cream leaves my face make-up free and I feel relaxed for the night. I choose this cleanser for the night as I believe that this cleanser nourishes my skin; my skin is essentially washed in milk. The lightness of this milky cream makes me want to go to sleep as opposed to Aveeno's scrub that makes me want to embrace the day.
:)

 
Along with the cleanser, this product also comes with a pore refining toner which I am loving very much at the moment. I like how light it feels on my skin, but its effectiveness is immediately visible. Bella Terra is a high-end cosmetic line that makes mineral make-up.  I had gotten a great deal a while back on this skincare line as I was buying face powder. The girl was generous enough to throw in the skincare products or maybe I was smart enough to bargain. Nevertheless, I am a happy customer.

After dabbing toner with a cotton ball, the skin dries and needs moisturizing. The key to good healthy looking vital skin is a GOOD moisturizer. You MUST invest in a good moisturizer if you are wary of wrinkles and fine lines like every woman out there. I started off using Aveeno moisturizer which worked great, but after a while, the cream felt too thick on my face. I use Aveeno for at home and apply it on my arms, legs and feet. Recently, I invested a good sixty bucks in buying a Shiseido skincare product for the first time. Being a new mommy, I knew I deserved it as I had been waiting to nourish my skin after all those sleepless nights. 
I purchased Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Gel. Notice how my skincare products contain the name "brightening". It just so happens that I buy them, but I like the fact that the product fulfills its purpose and as bonus, tones out my complexion all at the same time! The result: a suppler and healthier looking skin. Feed your skin with a good moisturizer at night and you WILL notice the difference in the morning after. 




As an ex-Proactive user for acne skin, I am happy to experience that my skin is able to withstand regular products that are far better than the addicting line of Proactive. Also, a great alternative to fighting acne without side effects is to buy Nature's Cure which comes with am/pm homeopathic tablets to fight acne internally. The topical cream prevents outbreak and contains 5 % Benzoyl Peroxide.

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask has a breakthrough dermatologist-tested, acne-fighting formula that can be used two waysas a daily cleanser or as a mask. This lightly-scented, clean-rinsing formula has the pore-penetrating, acne-fighting power of Benzoyl Peroxide to kill bacteria and treat existing breakouts. Use as a daily cleanser to kill bacteria or use as an intensive mask for deep cleansing and extra oil control."
LOVE IT!!!


This cleanser/mask can be used for dual purposes. I use it to dry out any blemishes and it works really well. Also, St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub is very famous for gently exfoliating dull surface cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant skin. (see below)


So here it is. I have revealed all my skincare products for your benefit and I hope you will take good care of your skin. Let your skin breathe and do not wear too much make-up. This post has gotten longer than I expected. The remaining three beauty categories will be continued in future postings. Stay tuned for more reviews, tips and tricks from Fashion Sheikhsters! Learn from our personal experience as I love to share. I think every single person is made beautiful but it depends on our willingness to nurture natural beauty into RADIANT AND BEAUTIFUL skin for as long as we live.

You are beautiful.


xoxo,
Naila~



0 comments:

Post a Comment