Sunday, June 26, 2011

Celebrity Fashionista: Blake Lively





When I heard of Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio as a couple, I thought; "Great! They seem to be made for each other". I had seen a short interview of Blake Lively on the Today Show promoting her newest gig with Ryan Reynold's for 'Green Lantern' while standing outside at Rockefeller Plaza being interviewed by Matt and Ann Courie. I couldn't help but notice how friendly her face looked. Her hair was given the messy back-combing look which suits her face in a very laid back free spirited way. Apart from her looks, I loved how she was interacting with the interviewers who are much and much older than her. I was impressed by how articulate and down-to-earth she was. I thoroughly enjoyed her answers and it felt refreshing to me that a girl like her who is on top of the world right now, still gives off a vibe of normalcy. See video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5V1cuHJYrk&feature=player_embedded


Her style has always suited her to perfection on Gossip Girl, but her red carpet appearances have made me give her a second glance as well.
I am an occasional watcher of Gossip Girl and many a times have I tuned into Gossip Girl just to see their immaculate and gorgeous dresses, hair and make-up. Blake Lively definitely stands out in the crowd as her very own unique fashionista-self. She seems to be very comfortable in her skin. For a 23 year old Californian girl, I find that quite remarkable.




Blake Lively's photo shoot for Glamour magazine. Here she is passionately talking about fashion...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFiRNmVGKs&NR=1
"I love decorating myself. I love fashion so much."


The beautiful Chanel Couture dress Blake wore on the premiere of Green Lantern looked absolutely stunning on her. 




 BLAKE LIVELY has been chosen as the new face of Chanel's Mademoiselle handbag line. California-born Lively said she grew up admiring Chanel and what it represents to her: “It is timeless, chic, graceful, intelligent, iconic and ever relevant.”
Lively has quickly catapulted to fame, and the leggy blonde is a front-row favorite at New York fashion shows.




 Here's Blake at the Green Lantern Premiere walking with her nephews as her cute little accessories. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVEMdl5q6Qc&feature=player_embedded

She's apparently got her fashion sense from her mom who is a former model and has always  taken pride in dressing her up.










"How did Cinderella feel when she slipped on the glass slipper? How did Snow White feel when she met her Prince Charming?" Lively says. "A dream come true is an understatement. I can say that I feel like the happiest, luckiest girl around."

You see, with a positive & pleasant attitude like hers, no wonder she's got Leo [mr. dream guy!] whirlwind romancing in Europe! :) The girl can bake, cook (she completed a cooking course with Le Cordon Bleu in Paris) and she can speak French!





xoxo,
Naila~

0 comments:

Post a Comment